Interesting Facts About Space Book Review

Interesting Facts About Space

by Emily Austin

Publisher: Atria Books
Ginasbookreport Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.5
Genre: Literature / LGBTQIA+ / Romance
Read This If You Love: Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine / Lessons in Chemistry / The Guncle

“I don’t know who I am. I don’t know what I want to be. I wish I were someone different.”

Interesting Facts About Space by Emily Austin is a masterful piece of dark humor, wit, and emotion. Enid is finding her way in the world and it isn’t always easy when you see the world in a different way than those around you. Managing difficult family relationships, mental health journeys, and navigating accidental complicated romantic situations is full of pitfalls and Enid’s processing of it all will have you chuckling to yourself. Well, until something nefarious seems to be going on? Is someone after Enid or is she paranoid? Is it just her mind playing tricks on her because she is so obsessed with listening to true crime podcasts? Oh…and if you want to know interesting facts about space, Enid doles them out regularly and they are, in fact, interesting.

I really enjoyed this novel and going along on Enid’s experiences. While the decades and Enid’s age group are pretty different from Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine and Lessons in Chemistry, I had the same feelings I did when reading this novel. Enid is not only someone you want to cheer along, she would be a lovely friend to have in your own circle. The dark humor might not be for everyone, but I found it light-hearted enough to get in some good laughs. And Vin is the best friend we all need!

 




Comments