The Other Half Book Review

The Other Half

by Charlotte Vassell

Publisher: Anchor Books, Penguin Random House
Ginasbookreport Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️.5
Genre: Domestic Suspense / Thriller / Mystery / Satire
Read This If You Love: The Block Party by Jamie Day

“She deserved better than to die there. To die because of him.”

The Other Half by Jenny Jackson is a quick-paced mystery wrapped in a satire about an ultra-wealthy British friend group. Full of toxic characters and attributes, everyone is a suspect when a dead body is found in the polished garden. DS Caius Beauchamp and his co-workers Matt and Amy are a delight to have as the guides through this story. Thank goodness, because I really didn’t like any of the other characters. Yikes! I almost stopped reading after the first two chapters, but I’m glad I didn’t. It was an entertaining read and the car scene toward the end was one of my favorite scenes in any book I’ve read in the last year.

This book was part of the Crime by the Box subscription, which is run by Abby of Crime by the Book on Instagram and Murder Books. (Check her account out if you are a mystery and thriller book lover!) 



Comments