My Murder Book Review

My Murder

by Katie Williams

Publisher: Riverhead Books
Ginasbookreport Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️.5
Genre: Domestic Suspense / Mystery / Fantasy
Read This If You Love: Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

“What did it feel like to meet my murderer? It’s a perfectly reasonable question to ask. Somehow, it felt like nothing at all.”

My Murder by Katie Williams is an unusual mix of murder mystery and science fiction. Louise was murdered by a serial killer, but she is alive now. Isn’t she? Is she really herself? How did she become a victim of Edward Early and a line in the poem about his killings? She sets off to find out the truth behind her murder and who she is.

This book brought to mind Dark Matter, for me. That is a book that I loooove.  My Murder didn’t hit as successfully for me. While I was very intrigued at the beginning of the book, by the end I was conflicted and found the ending to be unsettling and somewhat predictable. I do appreciate the efforts to tell a unique story and the world-building involved in the novel.





Comments