Reading Journal Supplies

One of my favorite things that I did in 2023 was keeping a reading journal. It’s a great way to keep track of what you read and how you felt about each book and to use your creative side through the journal pages. So, as I set out to plan for my 2024 journal, I fell better equipped to try out some different types of supplies and thought I’d share some with you.

The Journal

My favorite journal is the A5 Dot Grid Notebook from Archer & Olive. It boasts no ghosting or bleeding on the pages and that is true! It is a lovely crisp white and thick paper. I loved it so much that I requested the exact same journal again for 2024. As you can see in the photo, it has a spot for your pen, a lovely linen cover, a pocket in the back, two bookmark ribbons to keep your places, and a wrap closure. 


Stickers and Washi Tape

Let the fun begin!!! My favorite part of planning my journal is finding embellishments—stickers and washi tape are chief among them. In my opinion, Etsy is the place for the best shopping for stickers with a book theme. (Here is a smalllllllll taste of what I have gathered. Be aware that stickers are addictive and you can quickly get a large collection.)



These little book stickers from L’armoire des profs on Etsy are perfect for page numbers, as bullets, and general decor. This shop is also well stocked with sooooo many great organizational stickers if you are looking for items for a traditional planner.



How fun and adorable are these stickers and washi tape from The Clever Clove shop?!? It can be very hard to find book-themed washi tape. I can’t wait to use this one as a divider between book entries. The stickers are a larger size and feature pieces.


I’m taking a different approach to tracking my daily reading in 2024 by using this sheet from the Purple Pisces Creation Etsy shop. These cute little headphones are perfect for tracking audiobooks and the themed sticker page is unique.

Book Covers

If you have been around the social media book community for long, you have likely come across little printings of book covers. How do you achieve those? I use the Canon Ivy mini printer and I love having the actual covers printed in the journal. It helps me to easily remember the book better.


I hope you found something fun to add to your journal. Have fun tracking your reads!


Comments