The Favor

The Favor

by Nora Murphy

Publisher: Minotaur Books an imprint of St. Martin’s Publishing Group

Ginasbookreport Rating: ⭐️⭐️
Genre: Mysteries/Thrillers
Read This If You Love: Slow subtle build

His crazy wife. No one would believe anything I said. 
I’m a firm believer that there is a reader for every book. So even if I didn’t find that a book is for me, I will still give it a fair review of what the book is about because it might be just right for other readers and I have respect for all authors. All that said, I didn’t love this book. The quote on the front by Shari Lapena got me to pick up The Favor and I didn’t even read the synopsis. I went in anticipating that it was going to be a more action and clue-centric mystery. Instead, it is a slow build of domestic drama turned murder. 

Publisher Synopsis:

     Leaving would be dangerous. Staying could be worse.

     Leah and McKenna have never met, though they have parallel lives.

     They don’t
everfind themselves in the same train carriage or meet accidentally at the gym or the coffee shop.

     They don’t
everdiscuss their problems and find common ground.

     They don’t
everacknowledge to each other that although their lives have all the trappings of success, wealth and happiness, they are, in fact, trapped.

     Leah understands that what’s inside a home can be far more dangerous than what’s outside. So when she notices someone else who may be starting down the same path she’s on, she pays attention. She watches over McKenna from afar. Until one night she sees more than she bargained for. Leah knows she can’t save herself, but perhaps she can save McKenna.

     Leah and McKenna have never met. But they will.



Trigger warning: If you are someone who is sensitive to some content, please do read some synopsis marketing of this book before reading it. It does cover some disturbing stuff.


Comments