One of Us Knows Book Review

One of Us Knows

by Alyssa Cole

Publisher: William Morrow 
Ginasbookreport Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Genre: Domestic Suspense / Mystery / Psychological Thriller
Read This If You Love: The Other Black Girl

“Come to find out the voice was already compromised by a whole damn castle full of other people and after everything I’d dumped on them, they disliked me as much as I disliked myself.”

One of Us Knows is an amazing book that I already have in the running for my 2024 book of the year. It is a mystery/thriller novel, but the way it is told and the dissociative identity disorder framing of it also sets it apart. It takes on some aspects of a horror novel or even a science fiction slant. It cleverly uses the storm trapped island trope and turns that on its head because our pool of potential killers isn’t limited. It’s a unique and fresh take on the mystery and thriller genre and I couldn’t get enough of it!

***Note: I’m not going to give any sort of synopsis on purpose. I want you to fully jump in with just the knowledge that it’s a great book!***




Comments